Ottawa Bus Accident Safety
Over the past few weeks , we have seen troubling reports over our city’s transit system and Ottawa bus accident. Last week, 43 OC Transpo buses were pulled for weekend repairs, a double decker bus caught fire with 70 passengers on board and a bus driver was fired over reckless driving through a rail crossing.
How to avoid an Ottawa bus accident
While you, as a passenger, have little control over the safety of the bus or the actions of the driver, you should always be diligent and cautious when riding public transit.
- Never run after or next to a moving bus.
- Stay well back of the curb when waiting for the bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a full stop before approaching.
- Watch your step, especially at night or in wet weather.
- When using bike racks, always stay in view of the bus operator.
- Take a seat if possible and always use the handrails/handholds.
- Step away from the bus after exiting.
- If you drop something when exiting, leave it on the ground until the bus drives away.
Ottawa Bus accident injury lawyers
We sure hope you all your bus travels are safe. However if they aren’t and if you are injured in a bus accident, our Ottawa injury lawyers are here for you to answer any questions you may have regarding your Ottawa bus accident , you rights and possible compensation. We offer free consultations and will travel to meet with you. Our lawyers believe that the most important thing we can do is make sure you are receiving all the support and compensation you need to move forward after the accident.
Contact any of our Ottawa personal injury lawyers by phone 613-978-9549 or email email@example.com. We would be happy offer you help, support and to answer any questions you may have. Safe travels.