Ottawa Weather. Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth….Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for the Ottawa area tonight night, with up to 15 centimetres of wet snow coming our way overnight. A winter storm watch was upgraded to the snowfall warning early today for the area from Brockville Gatineau, including the City of Ottawa. The snowstorm is expected to start with light rain in the afternoon then turning to wet snow. They say there’s potential for up to 15 centimetres of wet snow by tomorrow morning, with the highest amounts coming along the Ontario/Quebec border and smaller amounts in the St. Lawrence River Valley. There will then be a sharp drop in temperatures, but Environment Canada says there’s not much risk of the flash freeze. Please try your best to stay off the roads. If you need to be out, drive slowly and safely.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when driving in icy conditions:
- Exercise extreme caution after a long dry spell.
- Allow for more travel time.
- Brake earlier and with less force
- Stay toward the middle of the road to avoid deep standing puddles.
- Don’t use cruise control.
- If you see a large puddle up ahead, drive around it or choose a different route.
- Don’t attempt to cross running water.
- After you cross a puddle, tap on your brake pedal lightly to dry off some of the water on your rotors.
- Turn on your headlights
- Watch out for pedestrians.
- If it’s raining so hard that you can’t see the road or the car in front of you, pull over and wait it out.
- Track the car ahead of you.
- Give a truck or bus extra distance.
- Defog your windows.
- If you start to hydroplane, don’t brake suddenly or turn the wheel, or you might spin into a skid.
———————- The Ottawa Injury Blog is written regularly by Ottawa Ontario personal injury lawyer David Hollingsworth. Since 1999, David has been an Ottawa Ontario personal injury lawyer representing Ontario accident victims who have suffered a personal injury and the families of accident victims who have lost a loved one in an Ontario accident. This blog reports on accidents in eastern Ontario, personal injury issues, local Ottawa news and events and various news that relates to Ottawa, accidents and personal injury. Visit www.ottawainjury.ca for more information. If you have a question, feel free to call or email firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 978-9549
Ottawa Weather, Ottawa Snow Storm, Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth
Tags: best ottawa lawyer david hollingsworth, environment canada, injury attorneys in ottawa ontario, ontario trauma injury lawyers, Ottawa car accident lawyer, ottawa freezing rain, ottawa injury lawyers ontario, Ottawa law firms, ottawa lawyers, ottawa snowstorm, ottawa trauma injury, ottawa weather, ottawa weather network, Personal Injury Lawyer Ottawa