Posts Tagged ‘accident lawyers in ottawa david hollingsworth’
Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth…We are just hours away from the long weekend. I wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable weekend. Be careful on the roads and in the waters if you are at a cottage or boating. Please do not drink and drive ! Plan ahead and organise a safe long weekend for your family, friends and yourself.
The Canadian Red Cross Put out these excellent safety tips, which serve as a great reminder to us all…
Safety first this long weekend
Because personal injury is no accident. Long weekends can mean highway travel, boating trips, camping, swimming and fun at the cottage. While all these activities create lasting summer memories, they all share the potential for injury. Be prepared for a safe and fun season. While heading to the cottage or campsite this weekend, Canadian Red Cross asks you to consider these important safety tips.
Safety in, on, and around water
- Try on their life jacket to see that it still fits and that all the zippers and buckles are in good working order.
- When boating, always wear a life jacket. Even in nice weather, even close to shore. On average, more than 500 people drown every year in Canada. Life jackets really do save lives.
- Power boaters need to have their Pleasure Craft Operator Card in order to operate a boat.
- If you’re staying near the water at a campsite, cottage or resort, always supervise children. Kids love water and may wander over ‘just to take a look’, or to get that beach ball that’s bobbing on the surface.
Prevent personal injuries
- Buckle up. Infants and young children should be in a car seat or size-appropriate booster seat.
- Hot dogs around the campfire are great but can be easily lodged in young children’s throats. If you have toddlers, make sure to cut the hotdog lengthwise and then into small pieces.
- Review fire safety rules with the kids. They shouldn’t play with matches, poke the fire, or roughhouse near the flames where they might fall in.
- Be sure children play on age-appropriate playground equipment. Falls are a leading cause of injury for kids.
- Keep pool chemicals, pest control substances and cleaners out of reach of children.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-The Ottawa Injury Blog is written regularly by Ottawa Ontario personal injury lawyer David Hollingsworth. David has been an Ontario personal injury lawyer representing Ontario accident victims since 1999. This blog reports on accidents in eastern Ontario, personal injury issues, local Ottawa news and events and various news that relates to Ottawa, accidents and personal injury. Visit www.ottawainjury.ca for more information. If you have a question, feel free to call or email email@example.com
Posted by Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer, Ottawa Accident Lawyer, David Hollingsworth in Ottawa Car Accidents, Ottawa Injury and Accidents on July 23rd, 2010
Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth, Ottawa cycling Accident Lawyer, Ontario Lawyers..I wish the cyclist involved in this Ottawa accident a full and speedy recovery……Ottawa Police and Ottawa Paramedic responded to a serious Ottawa accident between an Ottawa cyclist and an OC Transpo bus that occurred on Tuesday July 20, 2010, near the intersection of Catherine and Bank Streets. At approximately 7:15 pm, a male cyclist in his 40’s was travelling against traffic on Catherine Street and turned in front of the bus. He was dragged by the Ottawa bus for approximately fifty feet, suffering significant personal injury to most of his body. He was taken to hospital but is expected to recover from his non-life threatening personal injuries.
Ottawa Bicycle Accident Lawyer David Hollingsworth, Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Ottawa, Ottawa Accident Lawyer,..
Ottawa Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth has successfully handled bicycle accident cases in Ontario and has extensive experience and knowledge of relevant issues involved. He has recovered millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of his personal injury clients. David has the experience and skill to present a successful bike accident case in order to obtain maximum compensation for his clients. If required, David hires the most qualified bicycle experts for his clients, as well as obtaining the best medical experts and specialists available. David also hires investigators who can help gather th information and David often personally interviews every individual who witnessed the incident in order to best prepare your case.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bicycle accident in Ottawa or Eastern Ontario, call David to discuss your case. He offers free consultations and will visit you in your home or hospital. Visit www.ottawainjury.ca for more information. mobile (613) 978-9549 (613) 237-4922 ext.203
Ottawa Accident Lawyer, Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth-