Ottawa Accident Lawyer David Hollingsworth
Although it doesn’t look or feel like it, spring is officially here. With the warm weather coming , more Ottawa pedestrians will be taking to the streets. Here are a few things you can do to keep yourself safe.
To avoid a pedestrian accident, you should…
- always cross at crossways or traffic lights
- be alert
- ensure drivers see you before you cross any road;
- only cross a road when traffic has stopped;
- be cautious when crossing and do so promptly. Don’t waste time and make sure you get completely across before the light changes.
- do not wear headphones to listen to music. You need to hear the sounds around you.
- be aware of cars that may be turning and may not be able to see you;
- as much as possible, wear bright clothing or reflective wear and make yourself as visible as possible. Most of all, use common sense.
Accident benefits for pedestrian accidents
Did you know that pedestrians are entitled to accident benefits is they become injured as the result of a motor vehicle accident? A personal injury insurance claim is mad through the drivers insurance company and things like income replacement benefits, rehabilitation expenses, attendant care, hospital expenses, loss of education expenses, housekeeping, expenses of visitors etc.. can be covered
There are far too many Ottawa pedestrian accidents each year and sadly, most of them could be avoided. Both motorists and pedestrians need to ensure that they are doing everything they can to keep Ottawa roads safe and accident free. David Hollingsworth and his personal injury team are top Ottawa personal injury lawyers who dedicate themselves to ensuring that Ontario pedestrians get all the help, support and maximum compensation after an Ontario accident.
Feel free to contact our Ottawa injury law firm with any questions you may have and we would be happy to help.