Rain in Ottawa – Safe Driving Tips for Rain to avoid Ottawa car accident , Lawyer David Hollingsworth
Avoiding an Ottawa Car Accident
Although rain can be good for the grass and the tulips, it can be problematic on our roads and increase the risk of an Ottawa car accident. We can expect a lot of rain this week in Ottawa. We are so use to driving defensively in winter conditions but it is important to keep in mind that rain and wet roads can also be dangerous and it never hurts to be reminded….
- Drive slowly ! Drive at rate of speed that suits the weather conditions;
- Pay careful attention to the car ahead of you and your surroundings;
- Keep a wider following distance; some drivers forget to signal at times causing an abrupt stop for the cars behind;
- Try to avoid slamming on your brakes, this may cause your vehicle to skid and the roads are slick;
- Visibility is already a problem, ensure your windows are properly defogged so you don’t add to this problem;
- Ensure your windshield wipers are in working order and do not leave streaks; and
- If it is dark ensure you are not over driving your headlights.
Ottawa Car Accident Accident Benefits
An Ottawa car accident can occur frequently on rainy days because road conditions. Please drive safely out there Ottawa and avoid the chance of an Ottawa car accident. Regardless of who is at fault in an accident in Ontario, most injured are entitled to accident benefits. Accident benefits are benefits that you pay for each month through your own insurance company. Depending on the nature of the Ottawa car accident you’ve been involved in, you may receive accident benefits from your own insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver. There are a number of different accident benefits available to people such are rehabilitation benefits, housekeeping benefits, income replacement benefits , attendant care benefits and many others, depending on the nature and severity of your injuries and coverage. Often times, people think if they were at fault or charged in the accident, they are automatically not entitled to accident benefits and this is simply not the case.