Child Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer David Hollingsworth
If your child has suffered an injury because of a slip and fall accident due to negligence or a hazard, you may be entitled to some benefits that you likely are not aware of. As one of the best Ottawa personal injury lawyers, I meet daily with victims of an Ottawa slip and fall accident; some not severe and others; life altering.
Slip and Falls Can Happen Anywhere … What to do if a Slip and Fall Occurs? How to protect your child and more:
Children are alive and free, and they mean the world to us. Often enough, children can lose sense of time and space, lost in the world of imagination and play. Every year, there are countless incidents of children falling and hurting themselves. As a parent or guardian, it is important for you to learn more and to take necessary action if necessary.
Who is Responsible?
In many circumstances, another person’s neglect or inattention to potential hazards can cause injury to your innocent child. If you are on someone else’s property (private or public), you are entitled in most circumstances to sue the insurance company to compensate for your child’s injury. In many cases, the property or business owner is responsible for any personal injury that occurs on their property. In these circumstances, it is extremely important to remember that time is of the essence. If you contact an Ottawa Ontario personal injury lawyer, specializing in slip and fall and personal injury cases, it will help you and your child get the help you need after suffering from a serious injury .
Timeless are very important in a slip and fall accident case like this. Your best bet is to document everything you can, take pictures if possible, seek immediate medical attention (record it) and contact an experiences Ottawa Ontario personal injury lawyer.
Children’s bodies are small and less developed which makes them more susceptible to suffer from a severe injury. Some of the different types of hazards that can hurt a child include (but are not limited to):
(1) Potholes or cracks in pavement
(2) Wet or slippery floors
(3) Unbalanced flooring
(4) Adverse weather such as ice, rain, snow etc.
(5) Unattended spilled or items that have fallen
(6) Dimly lit walkways and stairs
(7) Uneven sidewalks
Your child’s injury can be due to some of the above, or other circumstances. Some injuries appear minor and might ostensibility take only a few days to heal, but you may be still entitled to compensation for hidden and less obvious ramifications that an expert lawyer can help nuance. More serious injuries may take months to heal or even to make themselves apparent. Some examples of the tragic injuries your loved ones could experience include:
(1) Broken bones
(2) Bruises/ Scarring
(3) Brain Injury, Head Injury
(4) Spinal Cord Injury/ Paralysis
(5) Wrongful Death
If your child’s slip and fall injury was in a public building or a public parking lot, please take heed to the following advice:
(1) File an accident report at the time of the accident as soon as possible.
(2) Record a description of the slip and fall.
(3) Record what caused the accident, especially if there was no indication of a present dange.
(4) Record the date, time and location of the slip and fall accident.
(5) Compile a list of witnesses and contact information and statements confirming what happened at the time of the slip and fall accident.
(6) If possible take photos of the slip and fall accident and where it occurred.
(7) Most important, if your child has a physical personal injury, seek immediate medical attention.
Contact an experienced Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyers in Ottawa. If your child has been injured in a slip and fall accident due to neglect and hazardous conditions, you should not be held responsible for the damages. A qualified and experienced Ottawa personal injury lawyer such as David Hollingsworth can help you receive maximum compensation for your child’s slip and fall injury with his experience and knowledge of slip and fall accident cases. For more information, please visit www.ottawainjury.ca