Personal Injury Lawyers in Ottawa Ontario: David Hollingsworth www.ottawainjury.ca
Thanks for sending in all your wonderful questions for my show on CTV News at noon with Leanne Cusack last Friday. We managed to get through all your questions. In case you missed it, we discussed a short segment on social host liability and the differences between liability on public and private property. The episode is currently available on CTV news at noon’s website and I will post it soon on our YouTube Channel.
Here are the questions that were covered in this segment:
1. We are planning on having a Christmas party at our house and am wondering what my responsibilities are in terms of my guests ?
2. My neighbour is having snow removal done and they always pile it on my property. What can I do to stop this?
3. I was badly injured in an accident a year ago and I got a ticket. Is there any way for me to get compensation even thought I was considered “at-fault” ?
4 .I’ve been called for jury duty. Do I have to go?
5. My son was at a bar and beaten up by a bouncer. Who can we sue ?
6. My ex husband and I drafted wills together. I have a new one but I don’t want to be responsible for anything under his will. What should I do?
7. My mother is ill and my siblings and I have been talking and trying to figure out if we need a power of attorney for her. What is a power of attorney?
Unfortunately, we couldn’t get to all of your questions, but I will respond to each of you individually. Thanks for sending them and keep them coming. If you have a question, feel free to email and I will get back to you with free legal advise.