Ottawa Injury Lawyers David Hollingsworth and Associates. If you have been in an accident in Ontario and are injured, you will most likely need to access your Ontario accident benefits. Ontario accident benefits are provided through your insurance company or the insurance company of other vehicle involved in the accident. You begin by first informing your own insurance company that you have been in an accident. They will then send you an Ontario Accident Benefits package. By law your insurance company must provide you with these forms, and you have 30 days to complete the necessary accident benefit forms and return them to your insurance company. It is important you fill out these forms are properly filled out. When a new client comes to us and we act for them as their Ottawa personal injury lawyer, we always recommend that we fill out the forms for them as often times they can be somewhat confusing and challenging if you have never filled them out before. We have accident benefit specialists who can fill these form out for you in a comprehensive and detailed manner ensuring that there are no errors on your forms that could in turn delay your case. There are a number of Ontario accident benefit forms that need to be completed and depending on what your injuries are and the details of your accident, you may be required to fill out all of them. The primary forms that need to be filled out right away are:
Ontario Accident Benefit Forms: OCF Forms
- OCF-1 : Application for Accident Benefits
- This is the initial accident benefits form to be filled out when applying for accident benefits as a result of an accident . The OCF-1 form must be filled with your insurance company in order for your personal injury claim to commence.
- OCF-2 Employer’s Confirmation of Income
- The OCF-2 form applies only to those who are claiming Income Replacement Benefits. The OCF-2 form is completed by you and your employer. There are instances where several OCF-2 forms need to be completed. For example if you have been employed by more than one employer in the previous 52 weeks, you may need to fill out an OCF-2 form for each of your previous employers within the previous 52 weeks.
- OCF-3 Disability Certificate
- The OCF-3 form is to be completed mainly by your health practitioner. It needs to be as detailed as possible and describes the extent of your injuries as a result of the accident.
- OCF-5 Permission to Disclose Health Information
- The OCF-5 forms allows for access to your medical records and any previous medical information that can help determine your accident benefits eligibility.
You have been injured and you are suffering so its important that we get you help as quickly as possible. We are Ottawa personal injury lawyers who can help you by ensuring that you receive all the services you need as well as ensure that you receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our accident benefit specialists will help you sift through the accident benefits process and will complete all the necessary Ontario accident benefit forms properly and in a timely manner, so as not to delay your case. We understand that these are difficult times and we are here to help. Our Ottawa injury lawyers can travel to you, your home or your hospital. All consultations are free.
What are dependant care benefits ?
If you have been in an accident in Ontario, navigating the Ontario accident benefit forms can be a very confusing and stressful thing to do. You may not know which benefits your are entitled to and need help accessing all the right Ontario accident benefits. Dependant Care Benefit is an Ontario accident benefit that you may be entitled to.
When can you claim dependant care benefits?
This is an optional accident benefit and can only be claimed if you were working at the time of your accident, you are not receiving the caregiver accident benefit, and have are having to pay for additional childcare expenses because of your accident . If accessing optional dependant care benefits, you may be entitled to up to $75 each week for your first dependant and $25 for each additional dependant after that. Navigating an Ontario insurance claim can be tricky and that is why it is best to consult with us first to make sure you are on the right track. you may not need an Ottawa personal injury lawyer, you may just need advice. We can help you with that. We can sit down with you and lay out your options or if you prefer, we can email you the options. If you have a question, let our injury team know and we would be happy to help.
David Hollingsworth and his personal injury lawyer Ottawa team
David Hollingsworth is a top Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer . Along with his injury team, they dedicate themselves to ensuring that Ontario drivers, passengers, riders and pedestrians receive all the help, support and maximum compensation following an accident in Ontario. For more information relating to Ottawa accidents, Ontario insurance , personal injury or events in our community, contact us at www.ottawainjury.ca or email [email protected] or call (613) 978-9549